Makes 12-16 sliders
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 tbsp olive oil – divided in half
- Salt and pepper
- 12 – 16 favorite dinner size rolls
Tips: Don’t over handle the meat and select a good cut with fat from a reliable butcher.
Prepare grill and coals. Carefully shape the meat into 12 – 16 patties, making them slightly larger than the width of your rolls.
Brush both sides of each patty with olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper.
Cook over a flame of medium height for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until done to your preference.
Brush inside of buns with olive oil, add toppings inside the buns and heat lightly over the grill. Put a burger into each roll and serve immediately.
- Harder/dryer cheese: Sharp Cheddar, Aged Gouda, Dry Jack
- Grilled sweet onion slices
- Thinly sliced caramelized shallots
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Fresh Arugula leaves
Zinfandelic Mendocino Zinfandel